In a nutshell - I am fiercely protective of and loyal to my Listeners. If I think someone is toxic to the community, they're out. If I think someone is here to exploit members in some way, they're out. This forum is for Listeners to connect with each other on a shared topic - the Polyvagal Theory. This is not therapy. This is not a mental health support group. Nothing in Trauma Nerds nor the JustinLMFT.com website itself should replace actual therapy or other professional healthcare services.
Justin Sunseri ("Justin") provides this website and associated bulletin boards for the benefit of its members and the public. Justin cannot and does not review all information from or communications by users of the bulletin boards. Justin expressly disclaims responsibility for, and liabilities resulting from, any information or communications from and between users of the Trauma Nerds bulletin board.
Users are warned they may be individually liable for anything they communicate using the bulletin board, including but not limited to defamatory, discriminatory, false or unauthorized information. Users are cautioned that they are responsible for complying with the requirements of applicable copyright and trademark laws and regulations.
Trauma Nerds is a forum for individuals to share their opinions, experiences, and thoughts related to the Polyvagal Theory and Polyvagal Podcast. Justin wants to ensure the integrity of this service and therefore, use of this service is limited to participants who agree to adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Refrain from transmitting any message, information, data, or text that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, that may be invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or bashing communications - especially those aimed at gender, race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, religious views, or disability.
Justin reserves the right to remove or edit a post containing offensive material as deemed appropriate. That stated, Justin does not have the practical ability to restrict conduct or communications prior to transmission and posting, nor can Justin ensure prompt editing or deletion of offensive posts.
Justin reserves the right to remove or edit posts that contain explicit, obscene, offensive, or vulgar language. Similarly, posts that contain any graphic files will be removed immediately upon notice.
2. Refrain from posting or transmitting any unsolicited, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain mail", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation. Justin reserves the right to delete these posts immediately upon notice.
3. Justin invites and encourages a healthy exchange of opinions. If you disagree with a participant's post or opinion and wish to challenge it, do so with respect. The real objective of the Trauma Nerds message board is to promote discussion and understanding, not to convince others that your opinion is "right". Name calling, insults, and personal attacks are not appropriate and will not be tolerated. Justin will remove these posts immediately upon notice.
4. Justin promotes privacy and encourages participants to keep personal information such as address and telephone number from being posted. Similarly, do not ask for personal information from other participants. Message board posts that request participants submit personal information to another party will be removed immediately upon notice. This includes, but is not limited to, communications that ask for telephone, address, e-mail, surveys, and research studies.
5. Participants should be aware that the opinions, beliefs, and statements posted in this forum do not necessarily represent the opinions and beliefs of Justin. Participants also agree that Justin is not to be held liable for any loss or injury caused, in whole or in part, by sponsorship of this message board. Participants also agree that Justin reserves the right to report any suspicions of harm to self or others as evidenced by participant posts.
6. Posting off-topic messages to discussion groups will result in removal of the and possible suspension of posting privileges.
7. Trauma Nerds members who post non-public information on public areas of the site or off-topic messages in member-only discussion areas may have their posting privileges suspended and will be subject to appropriate corrective action.
8. While anyone is welcome in Trauma Nerds, if you come here to market yourself/service/social media, you will be kicked out at Justin's discretion.
(adapted from https://www.nami.org/Terms-of-Use/Discussion-Groups-Policy)